For many years, our cars have had a very handy, built-in safety feature. This was before vehicles were equipped with the advanced, autonomous safety tools that are popping up today. These features serve to tell us when our vehicle isn’t running quite as it should be. What features are we talking about? The indicator lights!
Your vehicle’s indicator lights come on when you start your car to show that they’re working. They’ll turn back on and stay lit if your car needs special attention. Indicator lights can tell you when your car is overheating, when your oil is low, when a door is ajar, and many other things. It’s important to know what each indicator light means so that you can manage maintenance and repairs that will keep your vehicle running safely.
For instance, one such important light is the check engine light. This particular light could mean a number of different things, from indicating that the gas cap is loose to indicating that you need an expensive repair to your car’s system. In general, it means that your car has set a Diagnostic Trouble Code. To decipher what the light means for you, you’ll need to get it checked out by a professional. Fortunately, Red Wing Chevrolet Buick gives a free basic code check. If your check engine light is on, don’t put off dealing with it. Bring it into Red Wing Chevrolet Buick today to fix the problem.
Looking for good Minnesota camping spots? We at Red Wing Chevrolet Buick have a few recommendations.
- Bear Head State Park: Located near the Boundary Waters Canoe Area and featuring 73 campsites and 5,685 acres of wilderness, this is a great spot for camping.
- Glendalough State Park: From a lake to a prairie to a hardwood forest, Glendalough State Park is ideal for campers who want variety. They even have campsites, cabins, and yurts.
- Nerstrand-Big Woods State Park: Showers, restrooms, campsites, a playground, and picnic areas are ready to accommodate in this park, abundant with wildflowers and hiking trails.
- Scenic State Park: True to its name, beautiful views await you in Scenic State Park. Backpacking campsites or regular campsites give you a variety of options, and there’s always the chance to swim in Coon Lake.
- Split Rock Lighthouse State Park: This park even includes wheelchair-accessible campsites, so if you have a camper in need of these amenities, this is the way to go. Enjoy strolling the rocky shore or seeing the famous lighthouse.
- Voyageurs National Park: Enjoy boating? This national park, Minnesota’s only national park, is located on the Canadian border and is home to multiple lakes.
Minnesota camping spots are plentiful in such a beautiful state. Pick one and enjoy, or check out any of the many other parks in the state.
One of the best parts of summer is enjoying a big family get-together where you all enjoy grilling out and relaxing. If you’re looking to host an event, then here’s some ideas for a family cookout menu.
- Grill-Smoked Summer Peas: This grilled alternative to baked beans offers a lighter, more summery taste by using field peas instead of beans.
- Salad with Grilled Lettuce and Avocado: Lightly grill lettuce and avocado and toss it in with this delicious salad for a warm weather favorite.
- Tomato Salad with Shrimp: Tomato salad is always delicious, but you can give it an extra boost with the addition of delicious grilled shrimp.
- Chicken Marinated in Citrus and Tequila: Get your margarita on with this summery entree by soaking chicken in tequila and citrus brine before grilling it.
- Ice Cream Cake: Cookouts aren’t complete without dessert. You can keep cool in the summer heat with an ice cream cake instead of a traditional one.
- Lemon Mint Sparklers: Keep cool with this non-alcoholic mixed drink that consists of club soda mixed with a lemon-mint syrup.
Hopefully this gave you some inspiration for your own family cookout menu. We at Red Wing Chevrolet Buick love grilling out in the summertime and hope you have a good experience as well.
We received our Mark of Excellence Award today for 2016!
Thank you to our wonderful customers and staff!
In a letter from Brian Sweeney, U.S. Vice President, Chevrolet, dated March 17, 2017: “Congratulations! You are being honored as one of the highest performing Chevrolet dealerships in the Nation for meeting or exceeding sales objectives.”
What does it take to earn this Mark of Excellence Award? Team members must have extensive knowledge and know how to treat you right and keep YOU the customer happy. It is reserved only for the best GM Dealerships.
We are very proud of this accomplishment for professionalism, superior customer satisfaction and excellent sales while expanding our business.
Congratulations to all Red Wing Chevrolet staff who worked hard to attain this award!
Every year, US News nominates the Best Cars for Families in multiple segments, ranging from compact cars to hybrids to luxury vehicles and more. Chevrolet is proud to say that the Malibu took home the Best Midsize Car for Families title for 2017. Hurry down to Red Wing Chevrolet and we can get you behind the seat of a 2017 Chevy Malibu to see for yourself what makes it so great. Plus, here’s our suggestions for the best family trips near Red Wing to take in your new Chevrolet Malibu.
This spot isn’t actually a lake, but a wide spot on the Mississippi River that sprung up quite a successful little community from the era of steamboat travel. See the sights, take the scenic drive along the “lake,” and indulge in the local shops and restaurants.
Cannon Valley Trail
Want to get out and active? This bike trail between Red Wing and Cannon Falls is 19.7 miles long. Get scenic views of the praire and river as you adventure through the wilderness.
Take the whole family skiing right here in Red Wing! If you’re experienced you can go it alone, or opt for skiing lessons for the little ones. Either way, Welch Village is a great way to have fun as a family doing something different.
That’s only a few of the best family trips near Red Wing, so get behind the wheel of the new 2017 Chevrolet Malibu and get exploring!
The 2018 Regal design is getting some drastic changes for the upcoming year, offering new hatchback and station wagon options. The Sportback and TourX options are two new variants offered by Buick to add styling and versatility to the existing Regal, bringing European-inspired designs to the US to make driving more enjoyable than ever before.
According to AutoWeek, the new Buick Regal comes with a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine under the hood, a power plant that comes on the two new models as well. This allows for up to 250 horsepower, and, when equipped with all-wheel drive, you can get up to 295 lb-ft of torque. The new models also come with either an eight- and nine-speed automatic transmission to improve acceleration.
“When the 2018 Buick Regal goes on sale later this year, customers will have two new variants to choose from — the Sportback and TourX. The Sportback is a hatchback in sedan’s clothing, while the TourX is an honest-to-God wagon that rides slightly higher than the Sportback with some cladding for the added appearance of ruggedness,” said the editors at AutoWeek.
The latest TourX model comes with up to 73.5 cu ft of cargo space to improve versatility, while the Sportback gets some added space thanks to movable rear seats. The new Regal also comes with a lighter design thanks to some intelligent weight cuts, especially on the Sportback which lost over 200 pounds in excess weight. Stop by Red Wing Chevrolet to learn more about the current Buick Regal.
Now that the spring weather has finally arrived, outdoor fanatics everywhere are dreaming up their next camping trips. Have you ever turned your vehicle into the ultimate camping tool? This year, try gearing up your truck for spring camping. At Red Wing Chevrolet we have a lot full of Silverados that are perfect for the task.
When you take out your Silverado, you have two great options: sleeping in a tent or sleeping in the bed. If you opt for the traditional tent method, the bed of your Silverado can easily be used to store tubs of food, cooking supplies, bicycles, kayaks, or whatever other gear tickles your fancy. Purchase a canopy ahead of time that you can set up over your bed for the ultimate camping tailgating experience.
If you want to rely only on your Silverado, set up your sleeping area in the spacious bed of the pickup. Devoted truck campers build shelving units and extra storage around their bed space, but this isn’t necessary for a weekend away.
When it’s time to pull up the maps to head home, or to check in with work, the Silverado’s available Wi-Fi hotspot will come in handy. You can also use the Wi-Fi plus the Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system to stream music while you gather around the campfire for a perfect, spring evening.