Do you love to swing dance? Have you always wanted to try it? Now is your chance: The Commemorative Air Force Minnesota Wing will be hosting the Spring Swing Big Band Hangar Dance on June 9th in Saint Paul, Minnesota, not far from Red Wing Chevrolet.
The doors open at 6 p.m. and dance lessons start promptly at 7 p.m., led by TC Swing and Rhythm and Swing. Then the party and the dancing start at 8 p.m. and last until midnight, with music played by the Roseville Big Band. The event will feature two food trucks: Bacon Me Crazy and Panini Pin-Ups. More importantly, you can enjoy beer from everyone’s favorite local brewery, Indeed Brewing Company.
There will also be door prizes and aircraft tours. Don’t forget to dress up for the WWII Costume Contest: There will be prizes for the best outfits.
Tickets are $17 at the door or $14.50 if you order in advance. All proceeds benefit the Commemorative Air Force Minnesota Wing. Print your tickets or have them ready on your mobile device; also bring your student or military ID with you.
The Commemorative Air Force Minnesota Wing is located at 310 Airport Road in South Saint Paul. If you need a stylish ride to get you there in comfort, stop into Red Wing Chevrolet and check out our lineup of vehicles.
Winter in Red Wing is a charmed time of year as the cold sets in and the landscape transforms. There are numerous activities that you can take part in, and we at Red Wing Chevrolet do not want you to miss out on the majesty of Red Wing in the wintertime. Here are the top 5 things to do in winter in Red Wing, so come from near and far to enjoy these wonderful winter activities.
Skiing or Snowboarding
There are various places for you to ski and snowboard around Red Wing. You can cross-country ski the Cannon Valley Trail or downhill ski or snowboard at Welch Mountain located just a few miles away.
In February and March, head to March Colvill Park to get awe-inspiring sightings of eagles. The park hosts spotting weekends, where volunteers will be on hand to answer questions and present information on these incredible birds.
The Mississippi River never sleeps, so bundle up and come fish in the wintertime along with other fishermen.
When there’s snow, come out to enjoy our cleared trails for a wonderful outdoor experience.
This theatre hosts traveling acts year-round, so take a peek at the events calendar to see if any of your favorite music artists or bands will be performing soon.
Winter is one of the best times of the year if you live in the Red Wing area.
If Thanksgiving soup makes you think about the delicious leftover turkey soup you make after all the fun is over, that’s great. This year, try something new and make soup part of the main feast with these five rich recipes.
- Cauliflower Soup. A blend of potatoes and cauliflower create this creamy soup. Add sharp cheddar and pancetta to boost the flavor.
- Butternut Squash Soup. Use coconut milk to add an extra layer of richness to this classic fall soup.
- Lentil and Caramelized Onion Soup. This soup might remind you of French onion soup, especially once you add roasted croutons and cheese.
- Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup. This bright orange soup is rich and hearty. For a Caribbean taste add chili spices.
- Porcini Soup. Everyone will love this hearty, earthy soup packed with delicious mushrooms and other simple ingredients.
Which of these Thanksgiving soup recipes would you love to add to your family’s traditional feast? Here at Red Wing Chevrolet Buick, we hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving. If you have any leftover pies, you can definitely bring them by to share with us and then you can take a test drive in a great new Chevy or Buick.
For many families, the holidays not only include lots of fun, food, and festivities, but also lots of driving. If you have some long holiday drives coming up, here are five ways to keep them fun.
- I Spy. This is a staple in-car game for practically everyone who hits the road. Simply say, “I spy with my little eye, something that is…” Use colors, shapes, or even say the letter it starts with. Everyone takes turns guessing what it is.
- Scramble. Someone calls out the name of a street or city and everyone has to write down as many words as they can, using only the letters from the name. Whoever writes the most words wins.
- Picnic. This is a fun memory game. Start by saying, “I’m going on a picnic and I’m going to take…” The first person names something that starts with A. The next person has to repeat everything that came before and add a letter of their own.
- Letter game. Someone names a location in the world (state, country, city, etc.) like Minnesota. The next person has to name something that starts with the last letter of the previous word, for example, Arkansas, then South Carolina.
- Alphabet. Everyone has to find each letter of the alphabet in order by looking at signs, license plates, etc.
If you are heading out on some long holiday drives, schedule a service appointment at Red Wing Chevrolet Buick before you go and we will make sure your car is ready for the journey ahead.
Looking for good Minnesota camping spots? We at Red Wing Chevrolet Buick have a few recommendations.
- Bear Head State Park: Located near the Boundary Waters Canoe Area and featuring 73 campsites and 5,685 acres of wilderness, this is a great spot for camping.
- Glendalough State Park: From a lake to a prairie to a hardwood forest, Glendalough State Park is ideal for campers who want variety. They even have campsites, cabins, and yurts.
- Nerstrand-Big Woods State Park: Showers, restrooms, campsites, a playground, and picnic areas are ready to accommodate in this park, abundant with wildflowers and hiking trails.
- Scenic State Park: True to its name, beautiful views await you in Scenic State Park. Backpacking campsites or regular campsites give you a variety of options, and there’s always the chance to swim in Coon Lake.
- Split Rock Lighthouse State Park: This park even includes wheelchair-accessible campsites, so if you have a camper in need of these amenities, this is the way to go. Enjoy strolling the rocky shore or seeing the famous lighthouse.
- Voyageurs National Park: Enjoy boating? This national park, Minnesota’s only national park, is located on the Canadian border and is home to multiple lakes.
Minnesota camping spots are plentiful in such a beautiful state. Pick one and enjoy, or check out any of the many other parks in the state.
One of the best parts of summer is enjoying a big family get-together where you all enjoy grilling out and relaxing. If you’re looking to host an event, then here’s some ideas for a family cookout menu.
- Grill-Smoked Summer Peas: This grilled alternative to baked beans offers a lighter, more summery taste by using field peas instead of beans.
- Salad with Grilled Lettuce and Avocado: Lightly grill lettuce and avocado and toss it in with this delicious salad for a warm weather favorite.
- Tomato Salad with Shrimp: Tomato salad is always delicious, but you can give it an extra boost with the addition of delicious grilled shrimp.
- Chicken Marinated in Citrus and Tequila: Get your margarita on with this summery entree by soaking chicken in tequila and citrus brine before grilling it.
- Ice Cream Cake: Cookouts aren’t complete without dessert. You can keep cool in the summer heat with an ice cream cake instead of a traditional one.
- Lemon Mint Sparklers: Keep cool with this non-alcoholic mixed drink that consists of club soda mixed with a lemon-mint syrup.
Hopefully this gave you some inspiration for your own family cookout menu. We at Red Wing Chevrolet Buick love grilling out in the summertime and hope you have a good experience as well.
Every year, US News nominates the Best Cars for Families in multiple segments, ranging from compact cars to hybrids to luxury vehicles and more. Chevrolet is proud to say that the Malibu took home the Best Midsize Car for Families title for 2017. Hurry down to Red Wing Chevrolet and we can get you behind the seat of a 2017 Chevy Malibu to see for yourself what makes it so great. Plus, here’s our suggestions for the best family trips near Red Wing to take in your new Chevrolet Malibu.
This spot isn’t actually a lake, but a wide spot on the Mississippi River that sprung up quite a successful little community from the era of steamboat travel. See the sights, take the scenic drive along the “lake,” and indulge in the local shops and restaurants.
Cannon Valley Trail
Want to get out and active? This bike trail between Red Wing and Cannon Falls is 19.7 miles long. Get scenic views of the praire and river as you adventure through the wilderness.
Take the whole family skiing right here in Red Wing! If you’re experienced you can go it alone, or opt for skiing lessons for the little ones. Either way, Welch Village is a great way to have fun as a family doing something different.
That’s only a few of the best family trips near Red Wing, so get behind the wheel of the new 2017 Chevrolet Malibu and get exploring!