For many families, the holidays not only include lots of fun, food, and festivities, but also lots of driving. If you have some long holiday drives coming up, here are five ways to keep them fun.
- I Spy. This is a staple in-car game for practically everyone who hits the road. Simply say, “I spy with my little eye, something that is…” Use colors, shapes, or even say the letter it starts with. Everyone takes turns guessing what it is.
- Scramble. Someone calls out the name of a street or city and everyone has to write down as many words as they can, using only the letters from the name. Whoever writes the most words wins.
- Picnic. This is a fun memory game. Start by saying, “I’m going on a picnic and I’m going to take…” The first person names something that starts with A. The next person has to repeat everything that came before and add a letter of their own.
- Letter game. Someone names a location in the world (state, country, city, etc.) like Minnesota. The next person has to name something that starts with the last letter of the previous word, for example, Arkansas, then South Carolina.
- Alphabet. Everyone has to find each letter of the alphabet in order by looking at signs, license plates, etc.
If you are heading out on some long holiday drives, schedule a service appointment at Red Wing Chevrolet Buick before you go and we will make sure your car is ready for the journey ahead.