If Thanksgiving soup makes you think about the delicious leftover turkey soup you make after all the fun is over, that’s great. This year, try something new and make soup part of the main feast with these five rich recipes.
- Cauliflower Soup. A blend of potatoes and cauliflower create this creamy soup. Add sharp cheddar and pancetta to boost the flavor.
- Butternut Squash Soup. Use coconut milk to add an extra layer of richness to this classic fall soup.
- Lentil and Caramelized Onion Soup. This soup might remind you of French onion soup, especially once you add roasted croutons and cheese.
- Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup. This bright orange soup is rich and hearty. For a Caribbean taste add chili spices.
- Porcini Soup. Everyone will love this hearty, earthy soup packed with delicious mushrooms and other simple ingredients.
Which of these Thanksgiving soup recipes would you love to add to your family’s traditional feast? Here at Red Wing Chevrolet Buick, we hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving. If you have any leftover pies, you can definitely bring them by to share with us and then you can take a test drive in a great new Chevy or Buick.
For many families, the holidays not only include lots of fun, food, and festivities, but also lots of driving. If you have some long holiday drives coming up, here are five ways to keep them fun.
- I Spy. This is a staple in-car game for practically everyone who hits the road. Simply say, “I spy with my little eye, something that is…” Use colors, shapes, or even say the letter it starts with. Everyone takes turns guessing what it is.
- Scramble. Someone calls out the name of a street or city and everyone has to write down as many words as they can, using only the letters from the name. Whoever writes the most words wins.
- Picnic. This is a fun memory game. Start by saying, “I’m going on a picnic and I’m going to take…” The first person names something that starts with A. The next person has to repeat everything that came before and add a letter of their own.
- Letter game. Someone names a location in the world (state, country, city, etc.) like Minnesota. The next person has to name something that starts with the last letter of the previous word, for example, Arkansas, then South Carolina.
- Alphabet. Everyone has to find each letter of the alphabet in order by looking at signs, license plates, etc.
If you are heading out on some long holiday drives, schedule a service appointment at Red Wing Chevrolet Buick before you go and we will make sure your car is ready for the journey ahead.