One of the best parts of summer is enjoying a big family get-together where you all enjoy grilling out and relaxing. If you’re looking to host an event, then here’s some ideas for a family cookout menu.
- Grill-Smoked Summer Peas: This grilled alternative to baked beans offers a lighter, more summery taste by using field peas instead of beans.
- Salad with Grilled Lettuce and Avocado: Lightly grill lettuce and avocado and toss it in with this delicious salad for a warm weather favorite.
- Tomato Salad with Shrimp: Tomato salad is always delicious, but you can give it an extra boost with the addition of delicious grilled shrimp.
- Chicken Marinated in Citrus and Tequila: Get your margarita on with this summery entree by soaking chicken in tequila and citrus brine before grilling it.
- Ice Cream Cake: Cookouts aren’t complete without dessert. You can keep cool in the summer heat with an ice cream cake instead of a traditional one.
- Lemon Mint Sparklers: Keep cool with this non-alcoholic mixed drink that consists of club soda mixed with a lemon-mint syrup.
Hopefully this gave you some inspiration for your own family cookout menu. We at Red Wing Chevrolet Buick love grilling out in the summertime and hope you have a good experience as well.