Looking for good Minnesota camping spots? We at Red Wing Chevrolet Buick have a few recommendations.
- Bear Head State Park: Located near the Boundary Waters Canoe Area and featuring 73 campsites and 5,685 acres of wilderness, this is a great spot for camping.
- Glendalough State Park: From a lake to a prairie to a hardwood forest, Glendalough State Park is ideal for campers who want variety. They even have campsites, cabins, and yurts.
- Nerstrand-Big Woods State Park: Showers, restrooms, campsites, a playground, and picnic areas are ready to accommodate in this park, abundant with wildflowers and hiking trails.
- Scenic State Park: True to its name, beautiful views await you in Scenic State Park. Backpacking campsites or regular campsites give you a variety of options, and there’s always the chance to swim in Coon Lake.
- Split Rock Lighthouse State Park: This park even includes wheelchair-accessible campsites, so if you have a camper in need of these amenities, this is the way to go. Enjoy strolling the rocky shore or seeing the famous lighthouse.
- Voyageurs National Park: Enjoy boating? This national park, Minnesota’s only national park, is located on the Canadian border and is home to multiple lakes.
Minnesota camping spots are plentiful in such a beautiful state. Pick one and enjoy, or check out any of the many other parks in the state.