We know you don’t want to hear the dreaded “w” word, but it will be here before you know it: winter. There’s no denying that Minnesota winters are long, cold, and hard. But, with a little bit of preparation, you can be ready for the long winter road. Here are a few tips on how to get your car ready for winter.
- Check your HVAC system. Make sure both the heater and defroster are in good working order.
- Get winter blades. Consider replacing your regular windshield wipers with winter blades that will help fight ice build-up. In addition, switch to the winter windshield washer solution.
- Use fuel deicer. About once a month, add a bottle of fuel deicer to your tank to keep the fuel lines from freezing. Keeping your tank full is another way to prevent this.
- Stay on top of maintenance. Continue to get all your routine maintenance done on time. If you’ve fallen behind, get caught up before winter comes.
- Resolve any performance issues. If you experience rough idling, hard starts, stalling, etc., get these issues taken care of soon. They will only get worse as the weather gets colder.
Here at Red Wing Chevrolet, we want you to make it through the winter. Schedule an appointment with us today and we’ll make sure your car is winter ready.